It was a hot Independence Day in Saline, with temperatures climbing to 101 at 3:05 p.m., according to Weather.com.
It won't be quite as hot Thursday, with temperatures forecast to peak at 93. With humidity, the heat indice will reach 100.
The is open as a public cooling station for anyone needing to get out of the heat.
Follow these steps from the Center for Disease Control to prevent heat-related illnesses, injuries, and deaths during hot weather:
- Stay in an air-conditioned indoor location
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Wear loose, lightweight, light-colored clothing and sunscreen.
- Schedule outdoor activities carefully.
- Pace yourself.
- Take cool showers or baths to cool down.
- Check on a friend or neighbor and have someone do the same for you.
- Do not leave children in cars.
- Check the local news for health and safety updates.