Do you have a friend, family member or neighbor who deserves an award for their tireless efforts in the community?
Everyone knows someone who spends their free time helping a neighbor, volunteering, organizing fund-raising efforts or just being active in the community, so why not nominate that person for a Trenton City Award?
The is an opportunity for the Trenton Civic Commission to recognize residents, young and old, for their contribution to the community.
Nominations can be made in these categories. Each category includes a brief description of the ideal candidate:
- Trentonite of the Year: This is an individual who has provided extraordinary leadership and service to the entire Trenton community.
- Good Neighbor of the Year: This is an individual or family who has distinguished themselves through their outstanding contributions to their neighborhoods.
- Senior Citizen of the Year: This is an individual, who is at least 65 years of age by December 31, 2012, and has served our community and residents with their time and efforts.
- Outstanding Woman: The woman, who is age 60 years or younger on December 31, 2012, and has contributed their time energy to benefit our community.
- Outstanding Man: The man, who is age 60 years or younger on December 31, 2012, has contributed their time and energy to benefit our community.
- Outstanding Trenton Youth: Boy or girl under 18 years old with outstanding contributions to the community.
- Charlie Brown: This person has contributed their time and energy to benefit the young athletes of our community.
Nominations can be made in several different ways:
- By commenting on this article
- By emailing Civic Commission President Scott Barr firstname.lastname@example.org or Trenton-Grosse Ile Patch editor Nate Stemen email@example.com
- By printing the nomination form attached to this article and mailing it to Trenton Civic Commission c/o Parks and Recreation, 2800 Third Street. Forms can be dropped off at and are also availbale at the Trenton Parks and Recreations Office at .
Please include with your nomination the award category, your full name, the full name of the person you're nominating, your contact information and a brief description as to why your nominee should receive the award.
Nominations must be submitted by Nov. 28, 2012.
Award winners will be selected by the Trenton Civic Commission and presented a Trenton City Award at the awards ceremony to be held at 7 p.m. Jan. 19, 2013 at the Trenton Village Theatre.
Nominators are invited to present the award to the award winner at the ceremony.