If you need to visit any Apple Valley establishments in the near future, check to see whether they'll be open to your business from Saturday, Dec. 31 through the federal observation of New Year's Day on Monday, Jan. 2.
Here are some schedules we've nailed down for you, but if you know of others, please leave them in the comments section below.
- All Apple Valley city offices (at the and ) will be closed Saturday through Monday. Staff will resume work on Tuesday.
- Rosemount-Apple Valley-Eagan public schools are out of session through Jan. 2. School resumes Jan. 3.
- The and all other Dakota County offices will be closed Saturday through Monday. Staff will resume work on Tuesday.
- Apple Valley's , and all other Dakota County libraries, will be closed Sunday and Monday, and will close at 4:30 p.m. New Year's Eve. The libraries will be open beginning Tuesday.
- The United States Postal Service branch in Apple Valley, as well as all others, will be closed Sunday (as usual) and Monday. There will be no mail delivery on Monday.
- Most banks will be closed Sunday and Monday.
- Minnesota Valley Transit Authority bus service will operate on a special holiday schedule. This PDF contains all schedule and route information for upcoming winter holidays.
Many retailers and restaurants are open on New Year's Day. Check with specific outlets for hours on New Year's Day and on New Year's Eve, when many businesses will be open but close earlier than normal.
Know of other specific businesses/entities that are either open or closed during the New Year's holiday weekend? Leave a comment to let other readers know.