• Planning Commission: On the docket is an update on the Highway 13/County Road 5 project, consideration of a request from Fabric N Home Ltd. to use a building at 13000 Aldrich Avenue South for religious assembly, and another request from Burnsville Training Properties LLC to use a building at 14350 Rosemount Drive as a facility for ProKart, Inc. The meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. in Council Chambers at .
• Family Board Game Night: Bring the whole family for a fun night of Sorry, Uno, Twister and many other board games at . All ages welcome. Games begin at 6:00 p.m.
• City Council Work Session: The council will discuss the expansion of THE GARAGE and potential development of the Minnesota River Quadrant.
• State of the City Address: Mayor Elizabeth Kautz will deliver the annual State of the City address, taking the audience through the highs of 2011 and her vision for 2012. To register, visit www.burnsvillechamber.com or call 952-435-6000 to register. The address will run from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Burnsville Performing Arts Center.
• Dakota County Foreclosure Information Session: Residents who are struggling to meet their mortgage obligations are encouraged to join the
Dakota County Community Development Agency, which will be offering a crash course in the foreclosure process and options that may help presented by certified housing counselors. The presentation will begin at 6:00 p.m. at the Dakota County CDA
1228 Town Centre Drive in Eagan.
Pre-registration is requested. Please call the CDA’s foreclosure intake line at 651-675-4555. After registering, visit the CDA’s website to download a foreclosure counseling application and authorization forms. Homeowners need to email, fax or drop off the completed documents at least 24 hours before the information session. Documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 651-287-8026 or dropped off at the CDA’s office. Packets should be addressed to CDA Foreclosure Counseling Team.
• AARP Tax Aide: Tax preparation help for low-income seniors, adults and families at the Burnhaven Library. Registration required. Call 952-891-0300. 10:00 a.m.
• Hay Fever: Burnsville High School presents its spring play — Noel Coward's 'Hay Fever' — a comedy set during a "quiet" country getaway. The show opens on Feb. 16 at 7:30 p.m. at the Mraz Center. It will run from Feb. 16 to Feb. 18, anf Feb. 23 to Feb. 25.
• Board of Education Meeting: According to the agenda, the board will discuss the budget for 2012-2013 and decide whether to accept or reject bids to replace the heating plant and HVAC system at M.W. Savage Elementary.
• Metal Marathon: A smashing, thrashing show for the 18 and under crowd at THE GARAGE. Doors open at 5:00 p.m. Tickets $5 in advance, $7 at the door.
• Jump On It 2012: A cross country airbag tour at Buck Hill. Ages 12 and up are invited to this event. The cost is $25 for 15 attempts, $10 for 5, $5 for 2.