Fridley police officers responded to a possible assault in progress in the 7400 block of Baker Avenue NE at 12:54 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012. They found a boyfriend and girlfriend arguing loudly after having a water fight inside a manufactured home. The male left for a few hours to let things cool down. There were no charges.
Here are other items selected from the weekly incident report from the Fridley Police Department.
Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012
- 9 a.m.: A caller reported his vehicle was stolen from his driveway overnight on 70th Way NE.
- 11:03 a.m.: Police were dispatched to the 5900 block of East River Road on a complaint of a pit bull roaming the area with no leash.
- 12:24 p.m.: A complainant reported damage to two tires on his car in the 7800 blok of East River Road and stated his belief that it is related to a dispute over a parking spot.
- 1:37 p.m.: A one-year-old girl lost some tissue from the tip of her finger when she got her finger shut in the laundry room door in the 100 block of Charles Street NE. An ambulance took her to the hospital.
- 2:16 p.m.: A 16-year-old boy tried to steal a knife at Menards, 5351 Central Ave. NE. An officer spoke with the boy and his mother about the seriousness of the incident and the importance of making better choices.
- 3:55 p.m.: Someone knocked or tipped over a motorcycle as it was parked in the north parking lot of an apartment complex in the 100 block of 83rd Avenue NE.
- 3:58 p.m.: Someone stole three bicycles from an attached garage in the 7300 block of Concerto Curve NE.