A number of local businesses are saluting veterans, military service men and women, and their families this Veterans Day by offering local discounts, specials and promotions. Here's a guide to specials in Maple Grove and the area.
Two important notes:
- Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, a photograph in uniform, you in uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
- Applebee’s—free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Last year, Applebee’s served more than 1 million free meals to military veterans and active servicemembers. Applebee’s is again offering a free meal to military veterans and active-duty service members on Veterans Day, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012. There will be seven entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
- California Pizza Kitchen—free meal, Sunday-Monday, Nov. 11-12, 2012: Free meal and non-alcoholic beverage for veterans and active military with valid ID or proof of service.
- Champps Americana—free cheeseburger and fries, Monday, Nov. 12, 2012. All Veterans and Active Military will receive a free Champps Cheeseburger and fries on Monday, Nov. 12. Proof of service required. Offer not valid for the Pepperjack Bacon Stack Burger or Kobe Burger. Dine in only, valid at participating locations.
- Chili’s—free meal, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Chili’s is offering all military veterans past and present their choice of one of seven meals. This offer is available from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Nov. 11, 2012 at participating Chili’s in the U.S. only. Dine-in from limited menu only; beverages and gratuity not included. Veterans and active duty military simply show proof of military service.
- Denny’s—free pancakes, Monday, Nov. 12, 2012: Free all-you-can-eat pancakes from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 12 for all active, retirees, and veterans with a valid military ID or proof of military service. Offer available in every Denny’s nationwide.
- Houlihan's Maple Grove - free burger, fries, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Mention the post on the Houlihan's Maple Grove Facebook page and show Military ID (Veterans and active duty) for a free burger and fries.
- Outback Steakhouse—free Bloomin’ Onions and Cokes until Nov. 11, 2012: Outback Steakhouse is honoring America’s military veterans by offering active duty military and veterans a free Bloomin’ Onion and a Coca-Cola product during the week leading up to Veteran’s Day. This offer is available to Military Personnel with ID.
- The Lookout Bar and Grill - Veterans eat free on Sunday, Nov. 11 from the special menu. Contact restaurant for details.
- T.G.I. Friday’s—free lunch, Monday, Nov. 12, 2012: Valid for all US Military personnel and veterans. Must wear uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
- The Olive Garden—free entrée, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: Offer good for veterans and active duty military, on Sunday, November 11 during regular business hours. Chose from a special menu; all entrées inlcude freshly baked garlic sticks and choice of soup or salad. Offer good in US and Canada, proof of service required.
- Red Lobster - free appetizer, Sunday, Nov. 11, 2012: All veterans and active duty military showing military ID or proof of military service.
- Home Depot Military Discount: The Home Depot(R) is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veterans Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores, The Home Depot Design Center locations, Yardbirds and EXPO Design Center(R) locations. The 10% military discount is available everyday for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- Lowe’s Military Discount: Lowe’s Companies, Inc. will offer all active, reserve, honorably discharged, retired military personnel and their immediate family members a 10 percent discount on in-store U.S. purchases made during the Veterans Day holiday. The discount is available Nov. 7 – Nov. 11. The discount is available on in-stock and special order purchases up to $5,000. To qualify, individuals must present a valid military ID or other proof of service. Excluded from the discount are sales via Lowes.com, previous sales, and purchases of services or gift cards. Like Home Depot, Lowes offers this discount daily to active duty military members, but not to veterans. However, they extend the offer to military veterans on military holidays. You can also find exclusive discounts at Lowe’s.com.
- Old Navy: Every Monday, including November 12, active and veteran military personnel with ID cards are granted 10 percent off their purchases.
- Big Lots: Veterans, active duty, retired and reserve military personnel and their immediate family members with valid ID get a 10 percent discount on purchases.
- Amazon.com—free MP3 album download “Veterans Day Honor”: Available at Amazon on Veterans Day. Download the album (album will be full price again starting Nov. 12).
- Sports Authority—15 percent off all purchases: All Veterans and Military personnel please stop by your local Sports Authority store to receive 15 percent off your entire purchase on Nov. 11, 2012. Please show proper identification or proof of service at check-out to receive this special offer.
- All national parks, forests and monuments offer free addmission to all on Veterans Day. Go and enjoy the scenery!
Looking for more deals and discounts around the Twin Cities? Check out Maple Grove based website "Pocket Your Dollars" for additional ideas.
Editor's Note: This is a list of only some local businesses with deals/discounts. This is not a list of businesses having Veterans Day sales.