September almost is here, meaning registration for youth and preschool programs at the Northfield Area Family YMCA is underway.
As usual, the Y is offering a full slate of programs designed to exercise youngsters’ minds, as well as their bodies.
The fall program brochure is available online at
www.northfieldymca.org or can be picked up at:
• The Y’s office, on Highway 3, just south of the Quarterback Club.
• The Northfield National Guard Armory, 519 Division St. S.
• The Y’s Health and Wellness Fitness Center, 900 Cannon Valley Drive, on the campus of the Northfield Retirement Center.
Click on the links below to access more information about the following fall classes:
PRESCHOOL ENRICHMENT CLASSES
• Wiggles and Giggles—10 to 11:30 p.m. Mondays from Sept. 9 to Nov. 18 and Wednesdays from Sept. 11 to Nov. 20.
• Fabulous Fall—10 to 10:45 a.m. Thursdays from Sept. 12 to Oct. 10.
• Krafty Kids: Paper Plate Art—11 to 11:45 a.m. Thursdays from Sept. 12 to Oct. 10.
• Story Explorers: The World of Eric Carle—10 to 10:45 a.m. Thursdays from Oct. 24 to Nov. 21.
• Krafty Kids: Handprint Art—11 to 11:45 a.m. Thursdays from Oct. 24 to Nov. 21.
PRESCHOOL SPORTS CLASSES
• Wee Nutz for Kickball—5:15 to 6 p.m. Mondays from Sept. 16 to Oct. 14.
• Wee Flag Football—5:15 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Sept. 17 to Oct. 10.
• Tumbling Thursdays—5:30 to 6:15 p.m. Thursdays from Sept. 19 to Oct. 10.
• Wee Indoor Floor Hockey—5:15 to 6 p.m. Oct. 21 to Nov. 18.
• Wee Basketball—5:15 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursday from Oct. 22 to Nov. 19.
• Kids Night at the Y—5 to 8 p.m. Sept. 20, Oct. 25, Nov. 22 and Dec. 13.
• Family Fun Night at the Y—6 to 8 p.m. Friday, Oct. 11
• After School Open Gym—3:30 to 5 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays from Oct. 21 to Nov. 21.
• Girls Volleyball—6:30 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays from Sept. 10 to Oct. 17.
• Nutz for Kickball—6:15 to 7 p.m. Mondays from Sept. 16 to Oct. 14.
• Boxing (8th-12th Grade)—4 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays from Sept. 17 to Nov. 19.
• Boxing (5th-7th Grade)—4 to 5 p.m. Tuesdays from Oct. 22 to Nov. 19.
• Flag Football—6:15 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Sept. 17 to Oct. 10.
• Indoor Floor Hockey—6:15 to 7 p.m. Mondays from Oct. 21 to Nov. 18.
• Basketball—6:15 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays from Oct. 22 to Nov. 19.
To register for any of the course offerings, complete a brochure registration form; visit www.northfieldymca.org and click the “Online Registration” button; stop by the Y’s office; or call the Y at 507-645-0088.
The Northfield YMCA welcomes all who wish to participate in its programs, meaning no one is turned away because of inability to pay.Information: 507-645-0088 or www.northfieldymca.org.