For the final day of the fair, many merchandise and food vendors are offering Last Chance bargains; flyers with deals listings are available at all information booths.
In addition, all day in Carousel Park, Cub Foods is sponsoring giveaways, appearances by local celebrities, prize drawings and live performances.
As for the evening's entertainment act, Wiz Khalifa and Mac Miller play the grandstand at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $29 and $39.
If you're looking to hitch a ride to the fair on a shuttle, look no further than Richfield to do so. The $5 shuttle from Best Buy corporate campus is still in service. Fair-goers may park in the Knox Avenue Best Buy parking lot (officially 7601 Penn Avenue) for free before hopping on a fair-bound bus. Here's what else you need to know:
- Service at this location only runs on weekends and Labor Day;
- Buses run 8 a.m. to midnight;
- Kids four and under ride free;
- Round trip fare is $5, riders should have exact change (Go-To cards and passes, tokens, coupons and SuperSavers are not accepted);
- Express buses serve gate 20 at the fair, located on the south side of Como Avenue, across from the Warner Coliseum.
For a complete list of bus stops throughout the metro, check out the full list here. For more information, call Metro Transit at 612-373-3333.
Check out the fair's website for a schedule of the day's activities and events. For more information about upcoming fair events or specials, and transportation options, see .
If you missed it, 85-year-old Richfield resident won a blue ribbon for his creative birdhouse design.