She said she chose to stay in a relationship with a boyfriend instead that ultimately didn't last, followed by weight gain that got her a place on the show.
The segment included a photo of Frederickson in her SAHS team swimsuit, as well as her return to swimming as part of the program's weight-loss regimen.
The episode aired Tuesday included weigh-ins, with Frederickson losing five pounds for the week.
Frederickson is the program's second contestant from the St. Croix Valley. Hudson resident Lisa Rambo nearly won The Biggest Loser last season.
Related at Stillwater Patch:
- Rachel Frederickson: This Week's 'Biggest Loser'
- 2nd Episode for St. Croix Valley's 2nd 'Biggest Loser': Rachel Frederickson
- Another St. Croix Valley 'Biggest Loser': Rachel Frederickson
- Hudsonite Lisa Rambo Loses 108 lbs., Narrowly Misses Winning
- Lisa Rambo Hopes to Win $100,000 on "Biggest Loser"
- Hudson High Teacher to Appear on NBC's 'The Biggest Loser"
- Q&A: Lisa Rambo - Hudson's "Biggest Loser" Contestant