If you're a veteran, Sunday will be a good day to eat out. Businesses across the country—some in St. Louis Park—are offering free meals or discounts to you.
Here are a few reminders from the Military Wallet before we get into the list:
- Proof of Military Service: Most companies require some form of military ID. These include: a Military ID Card (active/reserve/retired), Current Leave and Earnings Statement (LES), Drivers License with Veterans Designation, Photograph in uniform, be wearing uniform (if your service permits), Veterans Organization Card (e.g., American Legion and VFW), DD214, discharge paperwork, or other form of identification. Other restaurants and companies may go by the honor system.
- Participation: Always call ahead to verify locations, times, and participation. Many of the listed companies are franchises and may have different policies. We will do our best to keep this page updated as we find new info.
These are the local deals you can take advantage of:
- Applebee’s: Free meal on Sunday. There will be 7 entrées to choose from, beverage and gratuity not included. Military ID or proof of service required.
- Home Depot: The Home Depot is offering all active duty personnel, reservists, retired military, veterans and their families a 10 percent discount off their purchases in honor of Veterans Day. The offer is valid on purchases of up to $2,000 for a maximum of $200 and is available at The Home Depot stores. The 10 percent military discount is available every day for active duty and retirees, but not all veterans. Home Depot makes this offer available to all veterans on most military holidays.
- Little Caesars Pizza: Free Crazy Bread on Monday with proof of military status or proof of service at participating stores nationwide. Call ahead to verify participation.
- The Olive Garden: Free entrée on Sunday during regular business hours for veterans and active duty military. Choose from a special menu; all entrées include bread sticks and choice of soup or salad. Proof of service is required.
- Red Lobster (in Golden Valley): Free appetizer from a select list on Sunday with military ID or proof of service.
- Subway: In honor of veterans, Subway will donate $111,112 to the Wounded Warrior Project's economic empowerment program.
- T.G.I. Friday’s: Free lunch on Monday for all U.S. military personnel and veterans. You must wear a uniform (if permitted by your service) or present military ID or other proof of service. Only valid at participating locations for anyone with an old or current military ID.
Other discounts and deals are listed here.
Have a great Veterans Day weekend. If you're venturing out, see our list of what's open and closed on Veterans Day.