The National Weather Services has forecast snow for Friday through Sunday in St. Louis Park. About 1 to 3 inches are expected Friday and 3 to as many as 7 inches could fall Saturday night through Sunday.
Unlike some municipalities, St. Louis Park automatically bans street parking as soon as 3 inches of snow accumulates.
Some other cities declare snow emergencies after large snowfalls, which restrict parking to one side of the street or the other as plows come through.
City spokesman Jamie Zwilling said last year that the city informs residents about the parking ban many ways:
- The city's website
- A winter parking hotline (952-924-2180)
- The city's Facebook page
- The city's Twitter feed.
The city also provides the ParkAlert system.
OBEYING THE RULES
- Cars that aren't off the streets when there are three inches of snow on the ground are subject to a minimum $30 parking ticket from the St. Louis Park Police Department.
- If a ticketed car isn't moved within 12 hours, it can be towed. The minimum fee for that is $115.
- There is a $30 per day fee for storage of your vehicle.
- Need more information? The city has a page dedicated to winter regulations.