National Night Out, The Walmart Debate & Blaine Gabbert
Here's a look at what's going on this week around Ballwin and Ellisville.
Welcome back to a busy week and the start of the St. Louis Cardinals' push to a 12th World Series.
- Monday, unless lawmakers reach an agreement over the weekend, will be the last day before the nation faces a federal government shutdown. How will this impact you? Tell us in the comment section.
- Tuesday is National Night Out, an opportunity to keep your porch lights on, get together with neighbors for a cookout or a block party and to take a stand against crime. Police departments and city officials in Ballwin and Ellisville will be visiting various neighborhood events and encourage you to contact them so they can visit yours.
- Wednesday night the Ellisville City Council is scheduled to meet, at which time the body could take up again a hearing regarding the revocation of Walmart's conditional use permit for the TIF project west of Kiefer Creek Road on Manchester Road.
- Thursday's your chance to get fresh produce at Ellisville's Community Farmers Market at Bluebird Park, starting at 4 p.m.
- Friday, we're all about helping you get ready for the weekend, with word of community events, movie listings and open houses if you're hunting.
- Sunday, we'll be at the Rams-Jaguars game, talking to former Parkway West quarterback Blaine Gabbert, who is returning to the Edward Jones Dome for the first time since he played at Mizzou.