Updated at 10:30 a.m. with information from the Parkway School District. Changes in bold.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has released a feature for readers to search through the salaries of all public education employees in Missouri.
The feature shows that the five top administrators of the earn more than the top five, with the exception of their district superintendents.
Rockwood’s top five paid administrators:
- Bruce Borchers, superintendent: $230,000
- Dennis Griffith, assistant superintendent: $138,100
- Randal Smasal, associate superintendent of learning: $138,000
- Kelvin McMillin, assistant superintendent for human resources: $131,823
- James Wipke, executive director of secondary education: $125,150
Parkway’s top five paid administrators:
- Keith Marty, superintendent: $220,000.
- Bonnie Maxey, assistant superintendent (retired in May 2012—38 years with the district): $167,530
- Gary Mazzola, Parkway South’s principal (retired—31 years in the district): $150,140
- Kathy Blackmore, assistant superintendent for teaching, learning and accountability (retired in May 2012): $149,151
- Jennifer Marquart, Parkway Noth principal: $143,456
NOTE: Both Keith Marty and Bruce Borchers received raises effective July 1 with the 2012-13 school year. . .
Many comments in the
Post-Dispatch’s site showed anger at the Post’s releasing of the numbers, which nonetheless are of public record.
Tell us in our comments: What do you think of your top administrator’s salaries? Do you think these numbers should be released?