For the past several years, congregants of in Wildwood decided fewer students should face a new school year without the necessary supplies to do their best work. So, while witnessing the economic downturn that affected more and more local families, Living Word volunteers decided to put their school supplies where their mouths were.
For anyone wishing to donate supplies or who wants to assist with assembling the backpacks, watch this customized video. It shows and tells what to do in a very creative manner, especially considering the delivery form.
Backpacks are furnished to representatives for confidential distribution to students in need.
Read related article covering last year's Backpack Day:
- New backpacks
- Hand sanitizer
- 24-count box of crayons
- Five-inch length school scissors
- Multi-packs of glue sticks
- Regular sized pink erasers
- Pencil tip eraser package
- Large (200-count) box of facial tissues
- Wide rule spiral notebooks
- Black marble composition notebooks
- 24-count packs of No. 2 wooden pencils
- Packs of wide rule notebook paper
- 12-inch rulers with inches and centimeters
- 8-count boxes of colored pencils
- Three-hole, solid color pocket folders (no center brads)
- Classic color fine point washable markers
- Three-ring pencil pouches
- 4-count package of dry erase markers