Making the Most of Peach Season in St. Louis
Head to Eckert's in Belleville, Ill., to pick your own, or check out these five peach-flavored food and drinks at nearby eateries.
Peaches are currently available at most local farmers markets, and you can travel to nearby Belleville to pick your own at Eckert's. Patch blogger Denise Bertacchi calls Eckert's "a childhood rite of passage in St. Louis."
Read more: Pick A Good Time in Eckert’s Orchards
Patch contributor Suzanne Corbett provides three peachy recipes for when you bring home fresh produce. (You can also check out Straub's suggestion for peaches with pecan praline stuffing.) Craving the taste with a little less effort? Test out these peach-flavored food and drinks from local eateries:
1. King Edward's Chicken & Fish in Crestwood is serving up Ronnie's Peach Sorbet, which is made with peaches from Eckert's. (They also have fried green tomatoes for a limited time.)
2. Stone Spiral in Maplewood is offering peach lemonade
3. Piccione Pastry in University City has peaches & cream cannoli, peach & almond tarts, even roasted peach & raspberry melba.
4. Test the peaches and cream scones on Thursdays at Great Harvest Bread Co. in Maplewood
5. Lubeley's Bakery & Deli in Affton offers sour cream peach pastries