Zesty 100-Yard Bites
- 1/3 cup olive oil reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or hot pepper sauce)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 12 slider buns
- 12 slices deli-style honey ham
- 12 slices deli-style roast beef
- 3 Colby Jack cheese slices, cut into quarters
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 12 bread 'n butter pickle chips
- 12 stuffed green olives
Mix mayo, Sriracha and lime juice in a small bowl. Spread each bun with 1/2 tablespoon (1 1/2 teaspoons) mayo mixture.
Fill each bun with 1 folded slice each ham and roast beef, a cheese slice quarter, tomato slice and pickle. Top each bun with a small decorative bamboo skewer, skewered with an olive. Makes 12 servings.
Potato Dog Skins
- 3 large baking potatoes (2 1/2 pounds), baked
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 beef franks
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce, warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
Heat grill to medium heat. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and spoon out the flesh, leaving half-inch shells. Mix garlic and melted butter. Brush potatoes on both sides with garlic butter mixture.
Grill franks 7 to 9 minutes, or until heated through, turning occasionally; slice into rounds. Grill potatoes until crisp, about 4 to 4 1/2 minutes on each side. Spoon sliced franks into the potato shells; drizzle with barbecue sauce and top with cheese. Grill until the cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and chives.
Alternative Cooking Method: If you prefer, bake the buttered potato skins in a 250 degree oven until crisp, about 15 minutes, before adding the toppings. Fill as directed and bake 5 minutes more. Makes 6 servings
Tailgate Turkey Pile-On
- 1 12-inch loaf Italian bread with sesame seeds, sliced in half horizontally
- 1/4 cup olive oil cracked pepper reduced fat mayonnaise
- 24 slices deli-style roasted turkey breast
- 6 slices fully cooked bacon, crisped
- 1/2 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup drained roasted red pepper strips
Hollow top of bread slightly; discard removed bread or save for another use. Spread mayonnaise on both sides of bread. Fill with remaining ingredients. Slice into 6 (2-inch) pieces. Tailgating Tip: To make for easy eating, wrap sandwich in parchment paper (like at a sandwich shop) and then slice with a serrated knife. Wrap in foil for transport. Makes 6 servings.
Chipotle Chile Mac and Chesse
- 1 package (14 ounces) Kraft Deluxe Macaroni & Sharp Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup Kraft shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 Ritz crackers, coarsely crushed (about 1/4 cup)
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare dinner as directed on package. Meanwhile, brown beef with onion and bell pepper in large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Drain. Add meat mixture to prepared dinner and stir in chipotle pepper. Spoon into greased 2-quart casserole or baking dish. Top with green onions, cheese and cracker crumbs. Bake 15 minutes or until mixture is hot. Makes 6 servings.
Tailgating Take-Along Tip: Make your casserole in a disposable foil pan. Just heat on a covered grill on low heat until mixture is golden and heated through.
Source: Kraft Foods