Looking for some holiday musical performances and plays? Here's a roundup that will take you just over the river.
Nov. 26-Dec. 2
- Gaither Christmas Homecoming: 7 p.m. Nov. 29, Family Arena. The Gaither Vocal Band got its start in the early 1980s with four guys singing around a piano backstage before a Bill Gaither Trio concert. Tickets start at $29.50.
- Bethlehem's Big Night: 6 p.m. Nov. 30, Dec. 1 and 2 at First Baptist Church of St. Charles. See a dinner theater production showing what it was like to be at the Inn in Bethlehem the day Jesus arrived. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for kids 8-12. Learn more here.
- 12 Gifts of Christmas Featuring Steven Curtis Chapman: Dec. 1, Family Arena. Hear the captivating sounds of Christmas. Tickets start at $20.
- See " A Christmas Carol" at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts at 7:30 p.m. Nov. 20 and 30, Dec. 1, 2 p.m. Dec. 2. Tickets are $10.
- Sounds of the Season at St. Charles County Heritage Museum: 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. Dec. 2 at the County Heritage Museum (1630 Heritage Landing near St. Charles). Come in out of the cold, sip a cup of hot apple cider, and enjoy a variety of inspiring music. Musical performances include: the Greenleaf Singers at 1:30 p.m., the Peine Ridge Elementary Singspirations Choir at 2:30 p.m., and City Voices Chorus Sunday Picnic quartet at 4 p.m.
- Jinglefest: 7 p.m. at the Family Arena. 92.3 WIL brings favorite country artists to celebrate Christmas. Tickets are $25, parking is $5. Click here to purchase tickets
- Saint Charles Municipal Band Holiday Concert: 7 p.m. Dec. 6, J. Scheidegger Center. Municipal band will play traditional and contemporary holiday music. Jazz band performs at 8 p.m. with Christmas vocals and pop songs.
- Immanuel Boar’s Head Festival: December 6-9 at Immanuel Lutheran Church – 115 S. Sixth St. Celebrates Christ birth as in Medieval times, incorporating choirs, orchestra and pageantry. Call 636-946-2656 or visit www.immanuelstcharles.org for complimentary tickets.
- Christmas with the Celts: 7:30 p.m. Dec. 8, Family Arena. The Celts are an Irish born, American based band that performs hits by contemporary Celtic artists. Tickets start at $36.
- Holiday Concert featuring Erin Bode Group with David Halen: 8 p.m., Dec. 14, at Foundry Art Centre. Tickets are $35. Experience an exceptional evening of Erin’s original composition, standards and Christmas favorites with stringarrangements composed exclusively for this concert by the St. Louis Symphony Concertmaster, David Halen.
- Candlelight Christmas Concert: 8 p.m. Dec. 15, Missouri's First State Capitol. In the glow of the candlelit legislative chambers, the Buckhannon Brothers will perform traditional old-time mandolin & fiddle music that is indigenous to Missouri and Midwest Region. Call for ticket information.
- Christmas Traditions with the The Lennon Sisters: 2 p.m. Dec. 16. J. Scheidegger Center.
- Saint Charles Symphony Christmas Concert: 6 p.m., Dec. 16, First Baptist Church of Saint Charles – 2701 Muegge. An Evening of Christmas Music. ww.scsymphony.us
- New Year's Eve Event featuring Serapis: 8 p.m. Dec. 31, 2012 at Foundry Art Centre. Show begins at 9 pm. Tickets are $25 general admission. Cash bar available, bring a snack to share with friends.