The Kirkwood police blotter for Oct. 1-7.
Monday, Oct. 1
- POLICE: 3 Arrested in Kirkwood for Buying Items Used to Make Meth
Tuesday, Oct. 2
- At 2:07 a.m., officers stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of Milwaukee and Meacham streets. Investigation led to the arrest of the adult driver after she was found in possession of marijuana.
- At 8:53 a.m., a resident from the 300 block of Wind Grove Road filed a delayed theft report. The resident reported the theft of a GPS from his vehicle. The theft occurred on Sept. 28.
- Kirkwood police assisted Meramec Community College police in investigating several thefts from locker rooms on campus. Surveillance was conducted by both police departments. One adult employee of the college was observed by police stealing money from a backpack in one of the locker rooms. The adult was arrested for stealing. The case was referred to Kirkwood municipal court.
- At 5:07 p.m., officers were dispatched to the 900 block of Oakland, in Oakland, for a report of theft. A construction contractor reported a saw valued at $1,000 stolen from the construction site.
Wednesday, Oct. 3
- At 7:06 a.m., police stopped a motorist for a traffic violation near the intersection of South Harrison and Madison avenues. Investigation led to the arrest of the adult driver after he was found in possession of marijuana.
- At 4:40 p.m., officers responded to a business in the 1200 block of South Kirkwood Road for a shoplifting report. Employees of the business observed an adult remove merchandise tags from lower priced items and place them on higher priced merchandise. The adult then purchased the items at the registers paying the lower price. The adult was arrested for stealing.
Thursday, Oct. 4
- At 7:45 a.m., a resident from the 300 block of Aldridge Court reported theft and property damage to police. Sometime during the previous overnight hours unknown persons used a landscape rock to break a window on a vehicle and steal miscellaneous items from the vehicle.
- At 11:04 a.m., a bike was reported stolen from a residence in the 200 block of Pullman Place. Officers recovered the stolen bicycle Oct. 5 in the 400 block of South Holmes Avenue. The bicycle was returned to the owner.
Saturday, Oct. 5
- At 2:31 p.m., a resident form the 600 block of Coulter reported fraud to police. The resident discovered someone used his name to open a Charter services account and purchase over $800 worth of services.