The Kirkwood police blotter for Dec. 3-9. The followng information was provided by the Kirkwood Police Department. An arrest does not indicate a conviction.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
- At 5:53 p.m., a resident from St. Louis called police to report fraudulent activity on a credit account. The victim discovered a credit and debit card stolen while shopping in Richmond Heights. She returned home to cancel her cards and discovered several fraudulent purchases made with her credit and debit cards at area retail stores to include a retail store in the 1000 block of South Kirkwood Road. The fraudulent purchase in Kirkwood totaled more than $2,100.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
- At 5:34 a.m., police responded to a burglary at a business in the 200 block of South Kirkwood Road. Employees arrived to discover a broken window at the rear of the business. Cash was stolen.
- At 5:50 a.m., officers were dispatched to the 11200 block of Manchester for motor vehicle accident with injuries. Officers arrived to find one adult driver injured who was later transported to an area hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The other driver fled the area on foot. Police located that driver a few blocks away and arrested him for leaving the scene of a motor vehicle accident.
Thursday, Dec. 6
- At 3:16 p.m., dispatch received information on an adult subject going through a wallet and then tossing the wallet to the ground near the intersection of Big Bend and Geyer. The subject was located by police walking in the 1100 block of South Geyer. Routine computer checks revealed the adult to have warrants through neighboring police jurisdictions. He was arrested. The wallet was located and contact made with the owner revealed she had dropped her wallet while walking earlier the same day. The wallet contained cash that was found on the adult subject. He was also charged with stealing through municipal court.
Friday, Dec. 7
- At 6:53 a.m., a resident from the 500 block of North Woodlawn reported a theft to police. Sometime during the overnight hours unknown persons entered the garage of the home, entered an unlocked vehicle, and stole a bag containing knitting items.
Saturday, Dec. 8
- At 11:26 p.m., police received a report of property damage to a vehicle in the 300 block of Reardon. The vehicle owner reported having several windows smashed with a patio brick. The vehicle was also keyed.