A forum on drugs and alcohol aims to raise awareness about student substance abuse and educate the community about the steps the district is taking to combat the problem.
Parents as well as middle and high school students are encouraged to attend the forum Sept. 26. Participants include district administrators, Community Partners from Preferred Family Healthcare, NCADA (National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse), BJC Behavioral Health and the .
The forum will take place from 7-8:30 p.m. in the cafeteria.
Order of Events:
- Welcome: Dr. Tom Williams, Superintendent of Kirkwood Schools
- Introductions: Dr. Shirleas Washington, Student Services
- Speakers: NCADA presentation on effects on binge drinking and common drugs seen in area high schools
- Kirkwood Police Department: Substance abuse in the home
- Peer to Peer parent group: Healthy alternatives