As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, Sept. 7 at 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at , 1600 Feise Rd., Dardenne Prairie.
- What? brings parents and kids out for a night of free entertainment including a live production, music and a look at the Bible.
- When/Where? Friday, Sept. 7 from 6-9 p.m. at , 1300 N Main St., O'Fallon.
- What? Teens are invited to watch the first movie of the Lord of the Rings Triology. Registration is required. Click here to register.
- When/Where? Friday, Sept. 7 at 7:30 p.m. at Shady Springs Park in St. Peters.
- What? Bring a chair or blanket and some snacks and enjoy a movie with your whole family.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 8 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at , 403 Civic Park Dr., O'Fallon.
- What? Enjoy swimming with your dog and the chance to win prizes. Cost is $10/dog and 1 person, $3 each additional person. This event event benefits the Missouri Alliance for Animal Legislation.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 8 at 9 a.m. at , 2419 Highway K, O Fallon.
- What? This free event features free food, music, face painting, games and some will have the chance to win an iPad, TV and more.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 8 at 10 a.m. at 301 Droste Rd., St. Charles.
- What? The shop celebrates its grand opening with all day door prizes, refreshments and a free take-home craft for kids.
- When/Where? Saturday-Sunday at 10 a.m. at , 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville.
- What? Aisha Ali, an internationally recognized Middle Eastern dancer and teacher, will host a performance along with four workshops at St. Charles Community College Sept. 8-9. Tickets for the dinner and performance are $25 each. Tickets are $8 for the performance only. Click to read more.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 8 at 11 a.m. at
1610 Willott Rd., St. Peters.
- What? See cars, enjoy food and enter for a chance to win door prizes.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 8 at 6:30 p.m. at at , 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., Cottleville.
- What? Share a laugh with nationally recognized comedians Grant Lyon and Josh Wolf. The show is rated PG-13. Tickets are $10 for the general public and $5 for SCC students with valid ID. Purchase tickets online at stchastickets.com or through the SCC box office at 636-922-8050.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 8 at 8 p.m. at , 2300 W Clay St., St. Charles.
- What? Hear Kenny Rogers perform Kenny Rogers his timeless classics at The Benzemes Family Theater. Tickets start at $38.50 and go up to $58.50.
- When/Where? Saturday, Sept. 8 at Yacht Club of St. Louis, 105 Lake Village Drive, St. Charles.
- What? Help United Way of Greater St. Louis Tri-County Division kick off its 2012 Campaign with an evening filled with wine, food, chocolate and live jazz from Denise Thimes. RSVP by clicking here.
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 9 at 9 a.m. at , 500 S Riverside Dr., St. Charles.
- What? Run a 5K or one-mile walk to benefit shelter dogs and cats at Five Acres Animal Shelter. Registration begins at 8:30am, run starts at 9am, walk starts at 9:30am. Registration is $25.
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 9 at 2 p.m. at
1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd., St. Peters.
What? Act II kicks off the show season with free refreshments, a chance to learn more and meet the cast of the upcoming show, Sweeny Todd.
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 9 at 8 a.m. at ,
- What? This second annual event benefits Backstoppers and the Wounded Warrior Project. Register online or the day of the race.
- When/Where? Sunday, Sept. 9 at noon at , 968 Meyer Rd, Wentzville.
- What? This community event features cars donated by businesses and organizations and randomly picked racers. The race is won by gravity and the racers are competing against the clock.This year's race will feature a special opening ceremony for U.S. Veterans