New Years Eve is coming up and you don't want to be left out in the cold while everybody is celebrating.
1. Portsmouth First Night 2012: Pro Portsmouth will stage its First Night 2012 celebration downtown on New Year's Eve with a full line-up of ice sculptures, live entertainment and fun activities for kids that will all culminated with a spectacular fireworks display over South Mill Pond before midnight.
2. Cranapolooza New Year's Eve Party: For families who want to combine great skiing with ringing in the New Year, Cranmore Mountain resort in North Conway is holding a New Year's Eve celebration that includes kids' activities, entertainment and fireworks.
3. Wolfeboro First Night 2012: Just a short drive from Portsmouth, this Lake Winnipesaukee resort community will hold an intimate First Night celebration downtown where visitors can enjoy a multitude of fun activities before fireworks are launched over the Big Lake.
4. First Night Boston: The largest First Night celebration in New England which gave rise to First Night celebrations throughout the Northeast is another option for families who want to experience something on a large, grand scale. For those who go, public transportation to travel to and from the city, as well as within the city, is a must.
5. Hampton Beach fireworks: The Hampton Beach Chamber of Commerce will hold a fireworks display (weather permitting) on New Year's Eve at 8 p.m. to help ring in the New Year.