1. Super Bowl Matchup: You may have thought it was a Super Bowl showdown between the San Francisco 49ers and Baltimore Ravens, but the Internet was blowing up Sunday night, debating whether Beyoncé had beat out her predecessor, Madonna, who performed in 2012. Which halftime show was the best? As of late last night, Madonna (featuring LMFAO, Nicki Minaj and Cee-Lo Green in 2012) was ahead, according
to Perez Hilton's unscientific poll.
2. Remembering Alderman Richard LaRose: If you're still catching up from the weekend, you may have missed the news, that former Alderman LaRose died Friday. We have the obituary here, with pertinent information about services and where the family would like donations to go – to the hospital that provided the life-saving heart transplant for LaRose 20 years ago.
3. Were you Twacked? Reports of a Twitter hack attack may have affected 250,000 accounts. Were you among them? Twitter said the hackers went after usernames, email addresses, session tokens, and encrypted/salted passwords. Best defense is to change your password, a habit you should be in by now.
4. National Pancake Day Feb. 5: Don't think of it as a big breakfast; think of it as a delicious way to help the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in a big way, which benefits by your donation at IHOP, in exchange for a stack of free pancakes. Your local IHOP is located at 230 Daniel Webster Highway in Nashua.
5. Groundhog Day Breakfast: Another story that posted over the weekend was my coverage of the annual Salvation Army of Greater Nashua Groundhog Day Breakfast. You can catch up here, but make sure you take a moment to consider how you might donate to this organization through any one of their many programs. Information is at the end of the story.