Jul 28, 2014
74°
Mostly Cloudy

Kitchen Fire on Walnut Street

Yesterday's fire caused no apparent injuries

Kitchen Fire on Walnut Street

Yesterday afternoon, April 12, a fire broke out in at the residence of 56 Walnut Street at approximately 5:30 p.m.  According to the fire report, the fire started in the kitchen and was contained to the first floor.  The fire department was dispatched and had the fire under control within 20 minutes.

While fire personnel were at the scene, mutual aid was provided to cover the fire station from Montclair, Belleville and Nutley.

Fire Chief Joseph McCarthy told Patch that there were no injuries involved in the incident and that the apparent cause of the fire was accidental.

Don’t miss updates from Patch!