Deadline for Early Registration and Scholarship Submissions is June 2nd
For one fabulous week this summer, dance lovers will have an opportunity to explore the world of modern dance with the Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company ( www.cddc.info) during NJ Summerdance 2014 at Kean University, August 11-15. CDDC is proud to be a part of Kean University’s summer programming for the sixth year.
Beginners through advanced, teens through adult, can partake in daily master classes in modern dance technique, Carolyn Dorfman Dance Company repertory, dance dialogues on choreography and careers, and much more. Participants will receive instruction from leading artists from the New York metro area and work closely with Carolyn Dorfman and the Company.
Featured guest artists include:
- Bahiyah Hibah (Bahiyah’s Boogie)- Currently starring on Broadway in After Midnight, former principal dancer with Alvin Ailey Dance Theater.
- Bennyroyce Royon (Contemporary Methods)- Artistic Director, Bennyroyce Dance Productions, Founding Member of the Bad Boys of Dance, and former member Karole Armitage/Gone
· Kelly Buwalda (Nutrition for Dancers: Fueling your unique body, onstage and off!)- Certified Health Coach, Founder of Kelly Buwalda Nutrition & Wellness, Nutrition Teacher at Joffrey Ballet School
- Brandon Jones (Street Jazz Fusion)- CDDC Company member
· Louie Marin (Pilates- The Technique to the Technique)- CDDC senior Company member, Certified Pilates Instructor
The week will culminate with participants performing with the company for family members, friends and the community, followed by a reception.
SummerDance 2014 - Background Information
Dates:August 11 to August 15, 2014 - 9:30 am to 5:30 pm, culminating performance will be on held on Friday, August 15 around 3:30 pm
D’Angola Gym (Harwood Arena), Kean University
1000 Morris Avenue, Union Township, NJ 07083
- Early Registration (before June 2) - $325
- Registration (after June 2) - $375
- Full Week of Morning Session Only - $175
- Single Morning Session or Master Class– $30 per class
- 20% discount for Dance Studio Owners and Teachers (before July 14)
Scholarships are available on a first come first serve basis.
Scholarship Deadline: June 2, 2014. Apply online at http://cddc.info/njsd2014/scholarships
For further information:
Contact Stephanie Cathey at email@example.com or call 908-687-8855.
Register online at www.cddc.info/njsd2014