The deadline for the board to fill the vacancy was April 10.
Nicolosi is accepting applications for the position through April 18, 3 p.m. The minimum legal requirements for the position are as follows, according to the school district’s website:
* At least a one year residency in
* Citizenship in the United States
* 18 years of age or older
* Ability to read and write
* A registered voter in Gloucester Township
* Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against the board
* Not hold office as a member of the municipal governing body
* Not simultaneously hold two elective offices
* Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes
The successful candidate will be required to submit to a criminal history records check.
The board conducted a search of a new board member after former School Board Member Edward Pearce was disqualified. The board had 65 days to replace him from the time he was disqualified.
Sean Hengst and Scott Owens were the final two candidates, with three board members supporting each candidate.
That meeting took place on March 17.
The School Board next meets on Monday at the Administration Building at 17 Erial Road, 7 p.m.
Pearce was sworn in less than a week after he was chosen by the board to replace Andrew Lalli in December.
Pearce served for two meetings before being disqualified upon the state Department of Education’s completion of his background check.