A bandit or bandits once again descended on the borough with nine auto burglaries reported on Aug. 30 and a total of 17 incidents over a week period, according to reports.
All of the cars were unlocked.
Here are the Aug. 30 details:
- Unit block of Estaugh, two car entered
- 100 block of Avondale, four cars entered
- 100 block of Kings Highway West, car entered, eight Percocet pills and keys to car taken
- Unit block of West End Ave. car entered
- 200 block of Euclid Ave. silver Volkswagon entered
Two more auto burglaries, both in the 100 block of Colonial Ave., were reported on Wednesday, Sept. 3. A GPS and $15 was reported stolen from one of the vehicles.
In other reports, five unlocked bikes were reported stolen from the unit block of Gill Road on Monday. A light blue pickup truck was seen in the area shortly before the incident was reported. Police said a "trash picker" may have picked up the bikes. No arrests have been reported.
Tuesday, Aug. 28 was another busy day in the borough with five incidents reported, including the theft of three college, banner flags from three different homes.
Here are the details:
- 200 block of Jefferson Ave. a Haddonfield Bulldawgs flag stolen from a porch
- 400 block of Lakeview, a University of Florida flag stolen from a porch
- 400 block of Lakeview, a University of Buffalo flag stolen from a porch
A burglary to an apartment in the 100 block of S. Atlantic Ave. E. was also reported on Aug. 28. The resident returned home from work the previous day and noticed a window, air conditioner on the ground. He told police he thought it had just fallen out. The next day he discovered $310 in cash and an Xbox missing.
Police made one arrest on Aug. 28, for disorderly conduct. A caller reported a man who appeared to be intoxicated sitting on a curb near at 1:29 p.m. Police arrived and arrested William F. Braun, 38, of the 200 block of S. Broadway, Gloucester City. He was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. He was released with a summons.