Hasbrouck Heights Police have charged a 17-year old juvenile with terroristic threats for calling in a bomb threat to McDonald’s last week that shut down the fast food restaurant for more than an hour.
Police told NorthJersey.com the juvenile was a former employee who confessed when interviewed.
Police would not reveal any details about the juvenile including where he resides, according to NorthJersey.com.
Last Wednesday, Hasbrouck Heights Police evacuated the restaurant and brought in the Bergen County Police Bomb Squad following calls of a bomb threat. Captain Jack DeLorenzo had told Patch county police bomb squad dogs were brought it and the entire area was checked and nothing turned up.
The call had come through on a blocked number which the captain had said takes longer to trace back. The phone company was able to confirm it was the call came from the juvenile’s number, NorthJersey.com reports.
See related story
Heights Police Investigate McDonald's Bomb Threat