The license has been inactive well past the usual two-year time frame for an non-operating business, and the township Construction Official has declared the abandoned building unsafe.
The license's owner, Richard Bahadurian, is appealing the decision with the director of the state Division of Alcoholic Beverage Control, according to his office. The restaurateur, who runs the successful Raven and the Peach in Fair Haven, has presented plans to the township for his own vision on the site, though no construction has been started.
The governing body renewed the following licenses:
- Holmdel Foods d/b/a "Houlihans"
- Wine Sellers of Holmdel
- Brinker International d/b/a "Chili's"
- Holmdel Motor Inn (for a motel bar; the nearby Chinese restaurant is under renovations.)
- Texas Roadhouse Holdings, LLC
- Bella Hospitality Holmdel, LLC (for a future restaurant at "BellPlace")
- Best Market of Holmdel