Nine local residents were among the 325 people arrested in an undercover drug sweep that targeted narcotics sales in Paterson between April 7 and May 30, Bergen County Prosecutor John Molinelli announced at a press conference Tuesday afternoon.
Molinelli joined Morris County Prosecutor Fredric M. Knapp and Passaic County Prosecutor Camelia M. Valdes to announce the arrest results of the “2014 Heroin Initiative.”
According to the prosecutor's office, the following area residents were each charged with possession of heroin:
- Deena Grieco, 28, of Hopatcong
- Ryan Sheridan, 21, of Hopatcong
- Michael Dean, 21, of Hopatcong
- Lance Beckman, 26, of Sparta
- Rikki Bell, 18, of Lake Hopatcong
- John Scavone, 20, of Lake Hopatcong
- Mark Kasica, 21, of Lake Hopatcong
- Alyssa Esposito, 24, of Lake Hopatcong
- Roger Crane, 19, of Lake Hopatcong
The eight-week task force combined law enforcement officers from Bergen, Passaic, Sussex, and Morris counties to “combat the heroin epidemic affecting our counties,” Knapp said in a release. According to the release, the heroin sold in Paterson is the “most pure and potent” in the United States.
According to Molinelli, 11,794 bags of streetpackaged heroin, 1,200 grams of raw heroin, 32 guns, and about $25,000 in cash were seized by the multi-jurisdictional task force.
"Task force officers also dismantled two heroin 'mills' where heroin was being packaged and stamped for sale on the streets of Paterson," Molinelli said.
To see a full list of those arrested, click here.