- Monday is an Early Dismissal Day for Hopatcong Borough Schools. The reason: teacher in-service professional development.
- If your 9-5 schedule doesn't allow you to get legal business done during the day, Hopatcong Borough offers periodic Municipal Night Court sessions just for you. Such an offering is on the calendar for Monday at 6 p.m. The court is part of the municipal complex at 111 River Styx Road.
- The new documentary " Divorce Corp." continues its run through Tuesday at the Digiplex Sparta Theatre. The film shines a bright light on the practices within family court systems. In "Divorce Corp.," the filmmakers set out to expose what they call "the appalling waste and shameless collusive practices within the U.S. family law industry," which grosses more than $50 billion a year. The film screens at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday at the Digiplex, 25 Center St., Sparta.
- The Hopatcong High School PTO gathers Tuesday at 7 p.m. in the high school library. HHS is at 2A Windsor. Ave.
- The Hopatcong Recreation Committee meets Tuesday at Borough Hall to discuss upcoming events to keep residents active and healthy. The gathering takes place at 8 p.m. at 111 River Styx Road.
- The Lake Hopatcong Foundation and Alice’s Restaurant host a Restaurant Night Fundraiser this week to support LHF mission to improve the lake for all who use it. Enjoy dinner at Alice’s on Wednesday from 5-10 p.m. and 15 percent of your check will be donated to the foundation. Alice’s is at 24 Nolans Point Road in Lake Hopatcong. For reservations, urged for parties of five or more, call 973-663-9600. For more information on LHF, contact 973-663-2500 or email@example.com.
- Learn about Italian cuisine from Chef Adam Press and winemaker Allessandra Marino for a special Winemaker Dinner at Sparta's Forno Italiano. The duo will present the fine wines of Cesari and Adam's awesome culinary talent in a four-course meal. You get all four courses paired with wine for $55, and Marino will host, present, and discuss her process and creations. Call to book a reservations at 973-726-4202. Forno Italiano is at 191 Woodport Road.
- The Hopatcong Citizens Emergency Response Team gets together to discuss preparedness and keeping the borough and its citizens safe in the face of disaster. The periodic gathering is scheduled for Thursday at 7 p.m. on the upper level of the Senior Center, 32 Lakeside Blvd.
- Find safe, family-oriented fun for your tweens and young teens at the
Sussex County YMCA Friday Fun Night. Kids 10-15 will find an inviting environment that balances freedom and structure. Bring a bathing suit for open swim time! Friday Fun Nights are held the first and the third Friday of the month at the Sussex Y, 15 Wits End Road in Hardyston. Admission is $4 for members, $6 for non-members. Snacks and drinks will be available. and pizza is offered for $2 a slice (limit of two slices per kid; if you have a teen or tween, you know why).
Pizza is $2.00 a slice (Limit 2 slices per Teen)
Hopatcong-Sparta Patch Find Your Patch
Find Your Community
Find your Patch by name or zipcode.