Jul 25, 2014
67°
Clear

Homemade Firework Injures Howell Resident

One person injured in explosion.

Homemade Firework Injures Howell Resident

A Howell resident was taken to the hospital on Wednesday night after an accident involving a homemade explosive.

Sgt. Thomas Weg of the Howell Police Department said 18-year-old James Nanson was transported to Jersey Shore University Medical Center around 5 p.m. on Wednesday when the “firework/explosive” went off. Nanson suffered a “significant hand injury,” as a result of the blast as well as a “superficial injury to his abdomen area.”

Weg said there were two other people at the home at the time but were not injured. The Howell Township Police EMS Unit responded to the scene as did MONOC medics.

Don’t miss updates from Patch!