A 32-year-old Seaside Heights man was found dead in the bathroom of his Blaine Avenue residence last week in what authorities believe was an overdose of tainted heroin.
Investigators found wax folds at the residence stamped “Bud Light” in red, containing suspected heroin. The victim was pronounced dead at the scene, according to Ocean County Prosecutor Joseph D. Coronato.
Coronato warned that this overdose may have been caused by a batch of heroin that included toxic elements which prove fatal without medical attention.
He said the same heroin was likely used a day earlier, when 42-year-old man was found dead in the Stop & Shop bathroom on Bridge Avenue in Point Pleasant Boro.
In that case, police discovered the Jersey City man had suspected heroin and five additional wax folds stamped “Bud Light” in red in his possession. He was subsequently pronounced dead at the scene.
An autopsy in both deaths will be conducted and law enforcement will test the drugs to determine their composition.
Anyone with information on individuals selling the “Bud Light” heroin stamp or with information on possible dealers should contact: the Ocean County Prosecutor’s Office, Special Operations Group at (732) 929-2027 ext. 3235.