If all goes according to plan, the exterior phase of construction to add two new classrooms to in should begin in March 2013.
According to Amy Lerner, business administrator for the district, the "tentative timeline" submitted by the project's architect would have work completed by next August to be ready for the start of the 2013-14 school year.
Little Silver residents approved a referendum in March to build two new classrooms at Point Road to accommodate a full-day kindergarten program.
Lerner told Patch by e-mail on Monday that the timeline is as follows:
- Final submission to the Department of Education for approval at the end of August
- Submission to the Red Bank code official in mid-September
- Advertisement for bids in October with a bid opening in December
- The Board approving the bid and awarding the contract in December
- Work to begin outside in March 2013
- Completion in the middle of August 2013
- Building open for school to begin in September 2013