20 Aug 2014
78° Clear
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by legallyblonde27
Patch Instagram photo by ermyceap
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by taratesimu
Patch Instagram photo by lilyava299
Patch Instagram photo by _mollfairhurst
Patch Instagram photo by thecontemporaryhannah
Patch Instagram photo by lucyketch

UPDATE: EMTs Say Starter And Batteries Responsible For Burning Ambulance

No injuries were reported as a result of the smoking ambulance

UPDATE: EMTs Say Starter And Batteries Responsible For Burning Ambulance UPDATE: EMTs Say Starter And Batteries Responsible For Burning Ambulance

"I was told by Wilsons Garage in town that ambulance 496 suffered from a bad starter and three batteries had to be replaced," Co. 4's Chuck Jandris said of Wednesday night's ambulance smoking.

Two emergency workers were on board Co. 4 Ambulance #496 when it started smoking after 9 p.m. Wednesday night, prompting the workers to call the fire department, Mahwah Lt. Stuart Blank said. 

“There were no visible flames,” Blank said.

According to police, the ambulance, which started burning in the parking lot of the Macarthur Blvd. 7-Eleven, was towed to Wilson’s Auto Body and the battery was disconnected.

"The ambulance workers were not responding to a call at the time of the incident," Blank said.

Share This Article