Mahwah is looking for three residents to volunteer on open spots on the township's Recreation Committee, council members announced at a meeting Thursday night.
The Committee meets on the fourth Wednesday of each month to plan upcoming town-wide events, and helps run the events.
The committee meets monthly on the 4th weds of the month to plan upcoming events. Each member chairs at least one event and co-chairs at least one event, and all members participate on event days as often as possible.
The Rec Committee puts on the following events throughout the year:
- Meet the Bunny prior to Easter
- Town-wide garage sale in April
- Fishing Contest in May
- Adult sports (soccer, mens and womens softball, tennis) in June through August
- Paddle Days, Senior Picnic, Movie Night in July
- Adult Bocce (new for 2014) and Halloween Parade in October
- Tree Lighting in December
The committee assists at Mahwah Day, and organizes the parade and the Dog Show.
The only qualifications are community spirit, a sense of fun, and enjoyment of making people happy.
There are 13 members of the committee, and all are mayoral appointments. Interested residents can apply to the positions by reaching out to HWilliams@mahwahtwp.org.