Need free advice on how to repair or rebuild your home after Hurricane Sandy?
Try your local home improvement store, according to the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
FEMA specialists are available daily Jan. 5 to Saturday, Jan. 12, from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Home Depot, 3540 Route 66, Neptune.
Other locations include:
- Atlantic County – Home Depot, 6 Tower Ave., Egg Harbor 08234.
- Cape May County – Lowe’s, 3171 Route 9 S., Rio Grande 08242.
- Essex County – Home Depot, 399-443 Springfield Ave., Newark 07103.
- Hudson County – Home Depot, 440 Route 440, Jersey City 07302.
- Middlesex County – Home Depot, 1090 Route 9, Old Bridge 08857.
- Ocean County – Home Depot, 1900 Shorrock Road, Lakewood 08701.
- Ocean County – Home Depot, 197 Route 72 W., Manahawkin 08050.
- Union County – Home Depot, 977 W. Grand St., Elizabeth 07202.
Specialists from FEMA will offer their expertise on building techniques that can help protect homes, business or other property in disasters, according to FEMA.
This free service also offers information and publications about home improvement, according to FEMA, such as:
- Mold and mildew cleanup.
- Flood- and wind-resistant building methods.
- Wind straps.
- Flood insurance.
- Retrofitting buildings.
- Elevating utilities.