Two Parsippany fitness athletes are among the competitors who last Saturday won the right to compete in the finals at the SuperFit Championships on the Jersey Shore.
Tracey Magee and Kyle Baluyot, representing Parsippany's Surge CrossFit on New Road, were among the participants in the SuperFit Championships, a series of intense qualifying fitness competitions. The final qualifying event was held at the Morristown National Guard Armory.
Magee and Baluyot placed in the competition and now move on to the championships at Jenkinson’s Beach on the Boardwalk on June 22, where the final ‘SuperFitters’ will vie for a $7,000 prize purse.
At the final qualifier, men and women competed in three fitness events: a timed burpee-box jump and slam ball workout, a clean and jerk ladder and a timed overhead squat and double under workout.
The finalists were announced and awarded medals from Sgt. Se Kim of the New Jersey Army National Guard.
Women’s Scaled Division
- Julie Delimon of Guerrilla Fitness Morristown
- Jenna Pisani of Guerilla Fitness Morristown
- Rachel Syko of CrossFit KOA in Cranford
- Tracey Magee of Surge CrossFit in Parsippany
- Stella Ladao of Outerbridge CrossFit (NY)
- Krystal Ladao of Outerbridge CrossFit
- Jill Bonafide of CrossFit KOA
Women’s RX Division
- Kacie Heilman of South Mountain CrossFit (PA)
- Jessica Fazekas of CrossFit Englewood
- Aliyah Emas of CrossFit Pallas (NY)
Men’s Scaled Division
- Earl Nelson of Always Believe Fitness in South Orange
- Dominic Montoya of South Mountain CrossFit (PA)
- Kyle Baluyot of Surge CrossFit in Parsippany
- Dennis O’Donnell of South Mountain CrossFit
- Nick Toro of South Mountain CrossFit
- Eric Schantzenbach of South Mountain CrossFit
- Daniel Maha of South Mountain CrossFit
- Joshua Martinez of CrossFit Hoboken
Men’s RX Division
- Kurt Miller of South Mountain CrossFit
- John Haney of CrossFit LBC (PA)
- Michael Pinelli of CrossFit LBC
- Michael Macartney of CrossFit Prime (PA)
- John Bartlett of Animal CrossFit in Lyndhurst
- Justin LaSala of CrossFit Garwood
- Christopher Ressa of CrossFit 914 (NY)
- Ernest Prempeh of Incessant Fitness
SuperFit will announce wild card entries for the championship in the next week, giving hope to the fitness athletes who did not qualify last week.