Tonight is the first Summit Common Council meeting of 2013.
Mayor Ellen Dickson will swear in Councilman-elect Albert Dill, Jr. and Council President Richard J. Madden. Dill will serve as Councilman in the First Ward, while Madden will serve as Councilman in the Second Ward for another term.
Council Committee assignments will be established, and there will be a number of Mayoral and Council appointments made to city boards and committees for 2013. In addition, Council will approve their meeting schedule for the year and appoint individuals to city agencies, such as the city’s Fire and Police Departments.
Council is also slated to adopt the temporary Municipal Budget, temporary Sewer Utility Budget and temporary Parking Utility Budget, and authorize annual salaries for city employees.
Here are other actions to expect at the meeting:
- Mayor Dickson’s “State of the City” address
- Invocation of Father Brian Plate — St. Teresa of Avila
- Election of the Common Council President for 2013 and election of a President Pro Tem
- Presentation of chair to retiring Councilwoman Nuris Portuondo
- Acknowledgement of retiring Commission and Board Members
- Acknowledgement of special guests
A reception will be held at 7 p.m. in the lobby outside Council Chambers in City Hall. The reorganization meeting will follow the reception at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers. All are welcome to attend.
To view the full council agenda, visit www.cityofsummit.org or click here.