Residents can recycle Christmas trees by taking them to any one of the below-listed locations through January. The trees will be made into wood chips rather than being added to the landfill, thus saving landfill tipping fees, officials said.
Likewise, residents are reminded that they may pick up free mulch and woodchips at the Recycling Convenience Center, located at 1672 Church Road.
The Public Works Department will collect Christmas trees after the Parks & Recreation recycling program is completed. From Jan. 15 through Jan. 31, Public Works will collect Christmas trees. Residents are reminded to place the trees at the curb for collection. After Jan. 31, all trees must be dropped off at the Recycling Convenience Center.
Christmas tree dropoff locations:
· Skyview Park (Vaughn Avenue)
· Riverwood Park (Riverwood Avenue)
· Silverton Park (Maine Street)
· Bayside Park (Bay Blvd., Ortley Beach)
· Bey Lea Park (Tennis Court and Parking Lot)
· Chadwick Beach Park (Strickland Blvd.)
· Money Island Park (Longfellow Avenue)
· Winding River Park - South (Off Rt. 37 West)· Toms River Township Recycling Center (Church Road)