21 Aug 2014
66° Mostly Cloudy
Patch Instagram photo by ladolcedeedee
Patch Instagram photo by theundoing

'Chickens Were Engulfed in Flames' in Grocery Store Fire

Firefighters, police spent an hour putting out grease fire at Butler Stop & Shop.

'Chickens Were Engulfed in Flames' in Grocery Store Fire

Butler police and fire officials spent about an hour Monday battling a blaze that started in the chicken rotisserie at the Butler Stop & Shop.

Fire Chief Jim Neill said the fire started around noon.

"It was burning pretty good," he said. "The chicken grease and the chickens were engulfed in flames."

Neill said no hose was used to extinguish the fire but six fire extinguishers were used by police officers and firefighters, disseminating a powder on to the grease. No damage, except to the chicken rotisserie, was reported and nobody was injured, Neill said.

"Nobody was hurt, except for the chickens. They turned out to be little hockey pucks," he said.

The Butler Board of Health later inspected the scene and deemed the store to be safe.

Share This Article