For the second time this year, trick-or-treating has been postponed in the Borough of Kinnelon.
Kids will now be able to dress in costume and go door-to-door asking for candy on Nov. 10.
Originally, the borough announced trick-or-treating would be held Monday after being postponed from Halloween because of Gov. Chris Christie's executive order following Tropical Storm Sandy. Officials were concerned about downed trees, poles and wires still in streets where children would trick-or-treat.
Kinnelon Mayor Robert Collins said Saturday the borough decided once again to postpone the boroughwide event because of several concerned residents calling officials and saying they still did not feel Monday would be safe enough for the kids.
"They were concerned with the potential nor'easter that is coming and that still many are without power," Collins said.
As of Saturday evening, about 15 percent of Kinnelon residents remained without power, Collins said. But Collins commended Butler Electric in restoring power to much of the borough so quickly compared with original estimates that said residents should expect to be without power for up to seven days.
This is the second year Kinnelon, and surrounding boroughs, have had to postpone trick-or-treating. Last year, the Halloween festivities were also postponed as downed trees and wires remained in the streets following the October snowstorm.
Bloomingdale and Butler invited residents to trick-or-treat on Saturday.