THE GYM of Armonk to Once Again Raise Funds in Support of Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Hudson Valley
“We are thrilled to be partnering with THE GYM of Armonk for a third time!” said Thomas J. Conklin, President & CEO of Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Hudson Valley. “As we’ve noted, overall mind and body wellness is so important to the continued medical improvement of the children we sponsor. THE GYM of Armonk has consistently shown itself to be an organization that is dedicated to not only the health and well-being of its community, but also to children in the Hudson Valley region with life-threatening conditions.” Jamie Nicastri, General Manager of THE GYM and Lisa Lisa Gagliardi, Group Fitness Director add, “We are proud to have been a part of this program for Make-A-Wish during the past two winter seasons, and we are looking forward to working with them again this year! We have seen that our members support this effort completely, and we are confident that the turnout will be just as strong as it’s always been! As we reflect during the Holiday Season and New Year, we are proud to support such a worthy cause and hope to touch the lives of many children in need.”
The classes will be open to gym members and non-members alike on a first come, first serve basis. There is a required donation of $30 for each class (cash or check only), and registration is required in advance. Sign-up sheets are located at the Customer Service Desk at THE GYM, or you may register by calling (914) 219-1601. As an added method of fundraising in 2014, “Sponsorship Stars” will be available for purchase at THE GYM and will be displayed on premises with the sponsor’s name. Every star purchased at $20 will equate to one entry into a raffle for a chance to win high-value prizes including: Tickets to a New York Rangers Game, Tickets to a New York Yankees Game, (1) Reserved Spin Bike for a Month and (1) Reserved Parking Space at THE GYM of Armonk for a Month.
The following instructor-led classes are included in this year’s Make-A-Wish Foundation program:
• SPIN with Karen Leach – Saturday, January 11th – 9:30am
• POUND – Saturday, January 11th – 8:30am: Channel your inner performer & rock your body with this modern-day fusion of movement and music. Using RipstixTM (weighted drumsticks engineered for exercise), POUND transforms drumming into an effective workout.
• SPIN with Lisa G and Mary T. – Monday, January 13th – 6:00pm: Team-taught class.
• DXF DanceXrossFitnessTM – Thursday, January 23rd – 9:30am: A fun, uplifting cardio-interval fitness program that mixes four disciplines of movement: Dance, Kickboxing, Strength Training and Soul Line Dancing. DXFTM combines new and old-school music and movements to engage all ages and ability levels. It's the fastest hour of fitness you will ever experience!
For questions or additional information about the Make-A-Wish program, please call (914) 219-1601, or e-mail Lisa G. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Make-A-Wish of the Hudson Valley
Make-A-Wish grants wishes to children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Since its inception in 1986, the chapter has granted wishes to over 1,900 children in the communities it serves. A primary objective is to make sure that every child eligible for a wish receives a wish. Although the child is the main focus of the wish, Make-A-Wish involves the entire family so they can all enjoy a happy, carefree experience with no strings attached. This allows everyone in the family an opportunity to share in the child’s dream and to fully participate in a positive wish experience. The wish experience is a combined community effort involving volunteers, staff, donors and medical professionals to make each wish come true. The Chapter serves Delaware, Dutchess, Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Sullivan, Ulster and Westchester counties.
For more information about the Hudson Valley Chapter visit www.hudson.wish.org..
Make-A-Wish Foundation® of the Hudson Valley
828 S. Broadway
Tarrytown, NY 10591
About THE GYM of Armonk
THE GYM is a complete lifestyle and fitness center, designed to promote healthy living in a first class atmosphere. Its unique approach integrates specialized training programs with nutrition and weight management counseling for total body conditioning and optimal fitness. THE GYM is known for its superior quality equipment, expert staff and special amenities, including a clothing boutique, juice bar, spa, child play area and unique health & wellness partnership conveniences. The staff's attentive service and the facility's array of programs and accommodations provide guests with a state-of-the-art experience.
Partnership services located @ THE GYM include:
• ProClinix Sports Physical Therapy Chiropractic Wellness, PLLC ( http://www.gettothegym.com/armonk/pro_Clinix.asp)
• Escape Spa & Wellness( http://www.gettothegym.com/armonk/escapeSpa.asp)
• LV2BFIT( http://www.gettothegym.com/armonk/love2BFit.asp)
• EventlinkNY( http://www.gettothegym.com/armonk/event_link.asp)
Please visit www.GetToTheGym.com/Armonkor call (914) 219-1601 for additional information.
99 Business Park Drive
Armonk, NY 10504