Don't let the middle of your week drag--there's lots of events going on in the area today that are sure to cure mid-week blues.
1. : If your New Year's Resolution is to get in shape, this is a class you don't want to miss. Ripped 'n Fit brings boot camp to Commack, with a circuit training workout to sculpt and define your body. Get to the for the 10:15 a.m. start and bring a water bottle.
2. : Author Jerry Zezima discusses Leave It To Boomer, his book on living as a middle-aged man in modern times. The talk begins at 7 p.m. at the of the .
3. : If weightlifting isn't your thing, maybe yoga is. Find out at the 's Wednesday yoga classes. Start time is 8:45 a.m.
4. : Whether you've lived in Commack for a year or your entire life, odds are there's something about the town that you absolutely love -- and we want to hear what it is. Patch is putting together a list of 100 reasons why Commack is unique. Know a restaurant with a can't-be-beat omelette? Have a favorite spot to seek out on the weekend? Let Commack Patch Editor Kaitlyn Piccoli know all about it by e-mailing her at Kaitlyn.Piccoli@patch.com
5. : Bring your child to the of the and let them discover the magic of Legos. Arrive at 4:30 p.m. with your imagination and get creating.