EAST HAMPTON SCHOOL BOARD OF EDUCATION MEETING
April 16, 2013
5:00 p.m. – Executive Session – Superintendent’s Office
6:30 p.m. Board of Education Meeting — Board Conference Room
1. Call Meeting to Order
3. Student Presentation – Anika Petruccelli, 2nd Grade
4. Public Comments (Agenda Items)
The Board welcomes public comment. When an audience member is called upon by the Board to comment, please identify yourself to the Board and limit your speaking time to a maximum of three minutes.
5. Superintendent’s Report and Recommendations
1. Recommended: That the Board accept the April 1, 2013, April 2, 2013 and April 9, 2013 Minutes as written and place on file.
2. Recommended: That the Board approve an extended leave requested by Jessica Sinacori, special education teacher, effective September 3, 2013 through January 24, 2014. As a result of the extended request for leave, Ms. Sinacori will no longer be eligible for District funded family medical benefits effective October 26, 2013.
3. Recommended: That the Board accept a medical leave of absence for Ezequias Rodriguez, secondary social studies teacher, effective April 2, 2013 through the remainder of the 2012-2013 school year.
4. The Board acknowledges the determination of the Superintendent of Schools Richard Burns not to recommend that tenure be awarded to probationary teacher, Wendi Heffner, and with the expiration of her probationary period as of August 30, 2013; her employment is terminated effective on said date.
5. Recommended: That the Board approve the following Resolution: RESOLVED, that the suspension, with pay, of a secondary teacher effected by Superintendent of Schools, Richard Burns, is hereby ratified effective April 3, 2013.
6. Recommended: That the Board approve the following Resolution: RESOLVED, that the Board directs, under the terms of Education Law §913, a teacher to undertake an evaluation by a clinical psychologist to ascertain fitness and performance of teaching duties.
7. Recommended: That the Board appoint the following individuals for their services at the Budget/Election Vote to be held on Tuesday, May 21, 2013: Kerri Stevens, Chairperson, Isabel Madison as substitute District Clerk, Wendy Warren, Nancy McKee, Leon Parks, Ken Brown, Pat Ryan, Susan Slevinski, Catherine Gagliotti, Amanda Hayes, Sherri Ross, Lisa Dorego, Catherine Dickinson and Patricia Hand as volunteer election inspectors, and Stuart Nassauer, Linda Tuthill, Claudia Silberlicht and Howard Salten, as certified election inspectors to be paid at the hourly rate of $12.50. Substitute election inspectors may be appointed if needed.
8. Recommended: That the Board adopt the 2013-2014 proposed budget in the amount of $64,238,501.
6. Old Business
- Policy Updates
- District Hiring Process
- Budget Presentation Format
- Seven Group
- Public Hearing – May 7,2013
8. Public Comments