Residents Recognized For Academic Excellence
The following East Meadow residents were recently recognized for academic excellence at college:
- Michelle D'Souza, a senior majoring in neuroscience, and James Walsh, a junior psychology major, were both named to the University of Scranton's Dean's List for the 2013 fall semester. A student must have a grade point average of 3.5 or better with a minimum number of credit hours to make the Dean's List.
- Danielle Chasworth, a junior majoring in biochemistry, and Matthew Sumowski, a sophomore majoring in finance, were named to the Dean's List and President's List, respectively, at SUNY Oswego for the fall 2013 semester. Students who achieve a semester grade average of 3.30 to 3.79 are named to the Dean's List; students who achieve grade averages of 3.80 and above on the 4.00 scale are named to the President's List.
- Gamyl Morin was named to the Dean's List at Lyndon State College for the fall 2013 semester. Gamyl, a freshman majoring in visual communications, had to complete at least 12 graded credits with no incomplete or failing grades and have a minimum grade-point average of 3.50 to be included on the list. Lyndon State is located in northeastern Vermont.
- Daniel Matishek, Deena Michaels and Carly Salzman all earned Dean's List honors at SUNY Oneonta for the fall 2013 semester. To qualify for the Dean's List, they had to earn a grade-point average of 3.5 or higher while carrying a course load of 12 hours of more.
- The State University of New York at Potsdam recently named 851 students to the President's List in the fall 2013 semester. SUNY Potsdam President Dr. Dennis L. Hefner honored the following students from East Meadow for earning top marks: Andrew Hochler, majoring in music education; Sam Pollenz, majoring in music education; Samantha Schick, majoring in music education; and Toni-Ann Triolo, majoring in dance. To be included on the President's List, each had to satisfactorily completed12 numerically-graded semester hours with a grade point average of 3.5 or higher.
- The State University of New York at Geneseo announced its Dean's List for the fall semester 2013: Daniel Greenberg, Elizabeth Lipuma, Jonathan Tilles and Kaitlyn Williams, all from East Meadow, were included on the list. The four had to achieve a 3.5 grade point average while taking at least 12 credit hours.