- Dwayne Smith, 21, of Jamaica, was arrested and charged with petit larceny on Feb. 23 at 2:50 p.m. at in North Lawrence. Police said Smith was observed hiding a Sony Laptop on his person and tried to leave without paying.
- Claudette Williams, 39, of Rosedale, was arrested and charged with petit larceny on Feb. 25 at 2:50 p.m. at K-Mart in North Lawrence. Police said Williams put $80 worth of assorted items inside her handbag and tried to exit the store without paying.
- Salmon Suissa, 21, of Lawrence, was arrested and charged on Feb. 26 at 10:40 p.m. for driving with multiple suspensions on his driver’s license at the intersection of Central Avenue and Columbia Avenue in Cedarhurst.
Larcenies and other crimes
- A complainant reported to police on Feb. 9 at 10 a.m. that a jacket and speakers were missing from a shed on their property on Milton Place in Woodmere.
- It was reported to police that between Feb. 18 and Feb. 21, gutters were removed from a residence on Westminster Road in Cedarhurst.
- A victim reported to police on Feb. 22 at 5:30 p.m. that two unknown subjects at Central Avenue and Cedarhurst Avenue stole cash and a credit card from her handbag. Fraudulent charges were made to the stolen credit card, police said.
- It was reported to police that between Feb. 24 and Feb. 27, copper gutters were removed from a residence on Broadway in Lawrence.
- A suspect, who did not pay for the services of an Inwood mechanic located on Burnside Avenue, left the premises in his vehicle on Feb. 25 at 3 p.m. and then intentionally damaged two vehicles in the parking lot, causing $3,700 in damages, police said.
- Upon conducting a license check at Melissa’s Deli in Inwood on Feb. 25 at 11 p.m., police officers saw multiple people that were visibly drunk and open beer cans, which is a violation of the ABC laws that do not allow on-premise consumption of alcohol with an off-premise license, according to police. The manager of the store was issued an appearance ticket.