It's a time of transition for the 112 Precinct, but that doesn't mean police in the area have let their guard down.
Let's take a closer look at the numbers provided by the NYPD through the COMPSTAT system:
- Burglary and grand larceny were the two biggest contributors to the 20 major crimes committed between Oct. 1 and Oct. 7. There were seven incidents each.
- The seven grand larcenies represents a fall from 10 during the same period last year, but an increase in burglaries during that timeframe. There were four reported in 2011.
- For the month, burglaries have increased by 40 percent over last year, while grand larcenies have remained the same.
- On the whole for the year, however, both categories are trending downward in the 112 Precinct.
- There were two reported robberies during the week, compared to three during the same period last year.
- Robberies have seen a dramatic drop for the previous month, with only a total of three reported, compared to 13 in 2011. For the year, reported robberies are down by nearly 10 percent.
To get a closer look at the crime numbers as a whole, check the COMPSTAT report sheet at right in PDF form.