1. Here's some bad news courtesy of A Child Grows In Brooklyn: favorite meetup place will shutter its doors at the end of November. In an email, Still Hip owner Gabby gave declining sales and lackluster class attendance as the reason. “The Mexican Halloween Monster Mash will be the store’s final party, unless someone wants to throw a fundraiser to help me pay the last few months rent," Gabby wrote.
2. Billed as the place where Paris meets Brooklyn, bakery cafe Baguetteaboutit is now open at 270 Vanderbilt Ave., between Dekalb and Lafayette avenues, in a space formerly occupied by L'epicerie.
3. Audre Lorde Project will hold a today at 7 p.m., 85 S. Oxford St. in Fort Greene.
4. The blog No Land Grab weighs on the recent switch to a at Atlantic Yards in order to get Barclays Center completed in time for the Brooklyn Nets' 2012-13 season.
5. Alternate side parking rules are back in effect.