1. Why not prepare for the London Olympics by learning about past Olympiads? The Elizabeth A. Sackler Center for Feminist Art’s Dinner Party exhibition dating as far back as 396 B.C. Brooklyn Museum, 200 Eastern Pkwy. (Prospect Heights) 11 a.m. Free.
2. Celebrate Friday with this event plus a treat from Provisions to pair. The Greene Grape, 765 Fulton St. 6 p.m. Free.
3. Part of Animation Weekend, BAM presents the , showcasing outstanding animated works. Brooklyn Academy of Music, 30 Lafayette Ave. 6:50 p.m. $12.
4. While everything about The Head and the Heart’s swelling vocal harmonies and driving acoustic stomps seems at the very center of the American roots revival, the “stunningly gorgeous” orchestral folk of Lost in the Trees represents the far left of the same movement. . Prospect Park Bandshell, PPW at 9th Street (Park Slope). 7:30 p.m. Free.
5. Alternate side parking rules are in effect.